Re: [Full-disclosure] patch-9449

Myself and a client have received several over the past 24hrs.

I submitted one as the password protected zip file to VirusTotal and
Kaspersky identified it as a virus/trojan as did several other AV
products. Names varied so I didn't record them. Was most interested in
seeing if there was a consistent identification of the archive.

Received another this morning which I unzipped on a Linux box then
tested with CA AV. It was identified as Win32/Pecoan.R

- Mike Shafer

Steward Smith wrote:
Hi,

Had a funny spam today that warned about mails coming from my IP address
and I should apply the attached patch. The filename was named
patch-9449.exe which was attached in a password protected zip file -
presumably to fool your virus scanner.

  • Re: Strange problems with socket back-connection - ECONNREFUSED error
    ... It is a CentOS Linux ... It is client/server software, client part running on Windows (2000/XP/ ... number and send own IP + that port number to a server. ... static int out_fd; ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Secured Linux box for Windows access
    ... On the client side, I can automatically remove temp files, harden up ... > struggling with the Linux side and its configuration. ... it is possible to use a VPN to secure your shares as tehy go ... distribution-specific guides to security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Strange problems with socket back-connection - ECONNREFUSED error
    ... It is a CentOS Linux ... It is client/server software, client part running on Windows (2000/XP/ ... server part running on CentOS Linux. ... connection in a TaskInfo. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 2nd Request: HP NetServer LC II and Windows XP Pro
    ... installed Linux on it. ... Setting up a Linux file server for Windows ... Client is a small church. ... >(Ben Myers) wrote: ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • RE: [SLE] Red Carpet
    ... Looking for best free tool /open source solution for Linux operating system ... maintain package and patch repositories. ... All of the methods listed above save the manual one, including Red Carpet, ... and some sort of client. ...
    (SuSE)