Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows .ANI LoadAniIcon Stack Overflow

Dear Alexander Sotirov,

AS> A much simpler solution is to use heap spraying (which works fine on Vista) for
AS> systems that don't have DEP enabled.
Are we talking Sofware DEP or Hardware enforce DEP ?

--
http://secdev.zoller.lu
Thierry Zoller

  • DEP and /NXCOMPAT troubles...
    ... We have long had a robust 32 bit application that loads object code into a ... for managing DEP in the control-panel system window). ... But it seems like I'm suddenly getting complaints from Vista users. ... Data Execution Prevention" or not. ...
  • Re: DEP and /NXCOMPAT troubles...
    ... for managing DEP in the control-panel system window). ... But it seems like I'm suddenly getting complaints from Vista users. ... Data Execution Prevention" or not. ... It appears that EDITBIN isn't doing what I expect. ...
  • Re: data execution prevention program (DEP) for windows 64 bit?
    ... blocking my ATI radon HD 3200 graphics card from functioning. ... version 8.563.3.2000 for vista 64 bit, if anyone can or knows a DEP friendly ... DEP hoping that i could notch it out of the program. ... computers HDMI functions and other graphic features. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Windows .ANI LoadAniIcon Stack Overflow
    ... AS> A much simpler solution is to use heap spraying (which works fine on ... AS> Vista) for systems that don't have DEP enabled. ... TZ> Are we talking Sofware DEP or Hardware enforce DEP? ... Contributing Editor, PC Magazine ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Vista DEP will NOT go away
    ... I've tried disabling DEP through the Vista GUI by adding exceptions and ... When I go to the DEP menu in Vista it's all greyed out now ... as GameGuard continues to be forcefully terminated by Vista ...