Re: [Full-disclosure] Chinese Professor Cracks Fifth Data Security Algorithm (SHA-1)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:24:35 EDT, Tim said:

As for US courts... which case are you referring to (as I'd be
interested to read the results)? The only one I know of involving MD5
was an Australian case[2].

In the US, the "must be this tall to be considered crypto" standard is ROT-13,
as this dude named Slylarov found out.

  • Re: Peter Parry - why not enlighten us all to "who, and what you are?...
    ... I know you can crawl the crawl, but that isn't the same as backing up ... have met the Federales, and become very familiar with the Mexican ... You really should consider a career writing television comedy, Tim. ... Australian Council Against Health Fraud http://www.acahf.org.au ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: Martin - Is this you? It smells like you?
    ... Moran, who knows with Tim?). ... Australian operation on my doorstep one day. ... I don't think that there has ever been any doubt about who "Marla ... Maples" was, and the person concerned has explained many times why he ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: Credit where credit is due
    ... > His post is a good example of why argumentative trolls like zadoc are in my ... > killfile and Tim isn't. ... Australian domain. ... zillions of Web news sources, so posting stories is not usually very ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: eMac, 9.2 and WiFi ?
    ... Just out of idle curiousity, Tim, are you Australian or Californian? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: md5 and large files
    ... Tobias Pfeiffer wrote: ... >>entire file will work as Tim points out. ... 100% is close enough to what you'd get with MD5.) ... > and then do a simple string comparison. ...
    (comp.lang.python)