Re: [Full-disclosure] Fwd: Vista Reduced Function mode triggered

but for
business / education etc usage you can set up a server that deals with
license management and activation - thus only that and not all
internal machines needs to be able to 'phone home'. The internal
machines just need to be able to talk to the license management server
(sorry can't recall what M$ actually call this server).

So the small 5-10 PC Lan with a secure setup/restrictive outgoing
firewall now needs a license server to run Vista? (I know of several such
setups).

  • Re: Connection Filtering Question - Exch 2003
    ... you can always test this using internal machines. ... > I am talking about setting up a connection filter on our Exch2003 Server ... > When a message is received and confirmed as spam by the RB list, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: DOMAIN Change - Help!
    ... and expand Forward Lookup zones. ... Enter www as the host name, and use it's internal IP address. ... Run ipconfig /flushdns on all internal machines which have not been ... > We also run Exchange 2003 on the same server. ...
  • Re: Local portaudit server.
    ... portaudit vulnerability database from the FreeBSD server. ... would like to setup a local portaudit server. ... your internal machines on a daily basis via a cron job. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Strange IP issue -- Windows 2003
    ... acts as a web server outside of our firewall. ... the firewall to needed ports on internal machines. ... The server is on a different subnet and VLAN than the internal machines, ...
  • Re: NTP clients not syncing up to servers?
    ... and looks like it gets it's time from other internal machines; ... Strictly speaking one can't be sure that this is the true server chain ... - not reporting a fault when the root dispersion is too high; ... W32Time is not an NTP ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)