[Full-disclosure] Outpost Insufficient validation of 'SandBox' driver input buffer
- From: Matousec - Transparent security Research <research@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:56:05 +0100
We would like to inform you about a vulnerability in Outpost Firewall PRO 4.0.
Outpost insufficiently protects its driver \Device\SandBox against a manipulation by malicious applications and it fails
to validate its input buffer. It is possible to open this driver and send arbitrary data to it, which are implicitly
believed to be valid. It is possible to assemble the data in the input buffer such that the driver performs an invalid
memory operation and crashes the whole operating system. Further impacts of this bug were not examined.
* Outpost Firewall PRO 4.0 (964.582.059)
More details and a proof of concept including source code is available here:
Matousec - Transparent security Research
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] Fun with wireless cards...
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] Microsoft patches the WMI Object Broker bug
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Fun with wireless cards...
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] Microsoft patches the WMI Object Broker bug