[Full-disclosure] "Fire and forget" exploits?

Hi,
I'm looking for examples of (remote) security vulnerabilities whose
exploitation involves no guesswork--eg, no bruteforcing the return
address, or altering your exploit based on the server's response, etc.
It seems like this kind of exploit is dying out, particularly as
different flavors of Linux proliferate, each with their own slightly
different libc and userland; in the Windows world, however, we still
find "universal" exploits that work on NT4/2k/XP over a variety of
service packs.
Anyways, if anyone has come across things like this, I'd greatly
appreciate hearing about it. I'm working on some new methods to
deliver exploits at once while minimizing recon.

Thanks,
Brendan Dolan-Gavitt

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] "Fire and forget" exploits?
    ... whose exploitation involves no guesswork--eg, ... or altering your exploit based on the server's ... response, etc. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: O/T: Whats Next?
    ... to "This is the worst fiscal crisis since the Great Depression," and ... you characterize it as 'altering course.' ... It appears to me to be a response to his handlers. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: ullrich dna analyzed
    ... this is much too broad a topic and too complex a response to ... place in a forum of discussion. ... Bonne route! ... Well you know training IS altering the body using outside sources and ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)
  • Re: Why We Dont Want "Free" Medical Care
    ... This is just a response to Black's rationalization for his ... exploitation of Indians. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)