Re: [Full-disclosure] Removing the NIC cable = EoP?

Lee Turner is correct, a default RM machine running Windows 98 (or
95...) will allow local admin if it can't reach the network. Since
such machines would be deployed in schools and sometimes by people who
do not know anything about what they are doing, this attack can work
rather well.

However, RM's defaults are worse than that, as all restrictions are
stored in the registry, so you can just as quickly unrestrict yourself
with modification of a few keys...

Jessica

  • Re: Domain authenticating non-domain accounts
    ... The problem with doing as you suggest is that I am not a network ... that in a sense the domain controller trusts non-domain ... a machine running Windows 98 can still access file shares ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: how to speed up networking?
    ... I understand that the machine running Windows XP experience slow to browse ... My Network Places/shared folder in peer-to-peer Workgroup Environment. ...
  • Re: Windows ME and 2000 Networking Compatibility
    ... > If I have a machine running windows 2000, is it possible to network it ... NICs. ... Use PING to confirm physical connectivity over the tcp/ip network. ... subnet 255.255.255.0 for ME ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
    ... > I have a machine running Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0 for Web and FTP ... > From inside my network i was able to access the ftp sites and the web sites ... After some reading I found that SP1 installs the windows firewall, ...
  • Re: Unable to save file due to file permissions error
    ... Can you tell us what are the complete permissions (from the advanced ... Am able to read from the network, ... Happens only on this machine running Windows XP (sp1 ... > has no problem saving files. ...