[Full-disclosure] rPSA-2006-0175-2 openssl openssl-scripts
- From: rPath Update Announcements <announce-noreply@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:50:47 -0400
rPath Security Advisory: 2006-0175-2
2006-09-29 Resolved issue in patch for CVE-2006-2940
Products: rPath Linux 1
Exposure Level Classification:
Remote Deterministic Unauthorized Access
Previous versions of the openssl package are vulnerable to multiple
attacks. Three of the vulnerabilities are denials of service,
but the other is a buffer overflow that is expected to create
remote unauthorized access vulnerabilities in other applications.
In particular, any connection that the mysql daemon will accept
may be vulnerable. In the default configuration of mysql, that
would be a local unauthorized access vulnerability, but mysql can
be configured to listen for network connections from remote hosts,
which would then enable remote unauthorized access. Any program
that calls the SSL_get_shared_ciphers() function may be vulnerable.
29 September 2006 Update: The initial fix for this vulnerability was
incomplete, and the fault in the fix could enable a Denial of Service
attack in some cases of the attack described in CVE-2006-2940.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] rPSA-2006-0176-1 openldap openldap-clients openldap-servers
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [MU-200609-01] Multiple Pre-Authentication Vulnerabilities in MailEnable SMTP
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] rPSA-2006-0176-1 openldap openldap-clients openldap-servers
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [MU-200609-01] Multiple Pre-Authentication Vulnerabilities in MailEnable SMTP