[Full-disclosure] rPSA-2006-0175-1 openssl openssl-scripts
- From: rPath Update Announcements <announce-noreply@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:02:14 -0400
rPath Security Advisory: 2006-0175-1
Products: rPath Linux 1
Exposure Level Classification:
Remote Deterministic Unauthorized Access
Previous versions of the openssl package are vulnerable to multiple
attacks. Three of the vulnerabilities are denials of service,
but the other is a buffer overflow that is expected to create
remote unauthorized access vulnerabilities in other applications.
In particular, any connection that the mysql daemon will accept
may be vulnerable. In the default configuration of mysql, that
would be a local unauthorized access vulnerability, but mysql can
be configured to listen for network connections from remote hosts,
which would then enable remote unauthorized access. Any program
that calls the SSL_get_shared_ciphers() function may be vulnerable.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] IM Sniffer release
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ MDKSA-2006:171 ] - Updated openldap packages fixes ACL vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200609-19 ] Mozilla Firefox: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDKSA-2006:171 ] - Updated openldap packages fixes ACL vulnerability