[Full-disclosure] New PowerPoint 0-day Trojan in the wild
- From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:57:36 +0300 (EEST)
New zero-day vulnerability in Microsoft PowerPoint has been disclosed.
This vulnerability is being exploited by Trojan horse Trojan.PPDropper.E.
This dropper type file reportedly works in all Windows systems,
but the vulnerability itself has been confirmed in PowerPoint 2000 Chinese version.
Possibly attackers/targets are located in China area or bad guys just tested the Trojan with Chinese version.
According to Symantec the exact file size of malicious .PPT file is 1,072,128 bytes.
It drops another Trojan with backdoor capacity.
I put information about the vulnerability to my blog yesterday. There are no many references available yet.
Especially information about file name being used is very useful.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] Yet another 0day for IE
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200609-12 ] Mailman: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Yet another 0day for IE
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ GLSA 200609-12 ] Mailman: Multiple vulnerabilities