Re: Using Magic Values along with filetype to find malicious files (was RE: [Full-disclosure] Google Malware Search)

On 7/17/06, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:45:07 EDT, Dude VanWinkle said:

> Still, AV was around then, and for some reason i feel w3.org should be
> a site that didnt allow viruses in its mailing lists, public or not

You must be the only guy who's never had a virus get by before your A/V
vendor ships a signature update. Now go back, check *that* posting's date,
and what it was infected with, and if it was something that most of the
major vendors had been catching for a reasonable amount of time, *then*
you can point fingers.

I never allowed .pif attachments :-)

If someone wants to share a file, email is not the best way to do it.

-JP<who blocked a lot of attachments>

  • Re: Using Magic Values along with filetype to find malicious files (was RE: [Full-disclosure] Go
    ... a site that didnt allow viruses in its mailing lists, ... vendor ships a signature update. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Linux and firewalls
    ... The reason you want a stand-alone box is to protect you while you learn. ... Viruses are virtually unknown, ... and trojans are somewhat less rare (though not a common problem). ... >hate to have other systems connecting to me and passing viruses or whatnot, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp
    ... For any specific reason or just "don't agree" for the sake of not ... few other mailing lists for several years now. ... Debian is a big project and as such it has decided in many fields for the ... Although that's your personal opinion as you can easily understand it ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: NHS Healthcare Records
    ... Who is remaining in and for what reason? ... But I'll have no hesitation in opting in to this when asked. ... There is not the danger that is posed by viruses, phishing etc, which could compromise my bank accounts and so forth. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Problem installing Curl
    ... On 11/20/06, Mailing Lists wrote: ... make test had returned bad status, won't install without force ... curl URL ... all skipped: no reason given ...
    (perl.beginners)