Re: [Full-disclosure] FBI Says Data on VA Laptop Not Accessed

The FBI, in a statement from its Baltimore field office, said a
preliminary review of the equipment by its computer forensic teams
"has determined that the data base remains intact and has not been
accessed since it was stolen." More tests were planned, however.

Didn't the original "wanted" notice for this hardware specifically mention an external (USB) drive?

Gee .. 'mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/sda1 /mnt/goodies'

How are their "forensic" people going to determine if *that* happened?

Their argument about "a real crook wouldn't return the hardware" .. well, why not? .. $50,000 to buy that fancy ID printer off eBay to get yourself started.

/mike.

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] FBI Says Data on VA Laptop Not Accessed
    ... "has determined that the data base remains intact and has not been ... forensic procedure as well as good black hat procedure. ... and connectors for any tool marks indicating that the drive had been removed. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Query from a list of choices
    ... My data base is about Equipment and their failures, date, spare part used, etc. ... I need to create a query where I can retrieve the information related to one equipment in particular whithout having the query asking me to type the Equipment? ... Similar funcionality that is used when in a Form a field is filled from a Combobox or a List. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Collins 51S-1 photos
    ... Knowing that boatanchors collectors usually like equipment as intact as possible, I invite comments on the general interest for getting a radio that has been fully disassembled and re-assembled, and without its original cabinet. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors)
  • Help!
    ... I have a data base of equipment. ... drawings to the equipment for which drawings exist. ... up saying "no drawing available"? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)