[Full-disclosure] Packet alteration et modification

Hi,

Since February, our teacher has introduced us to network packet analyzing.
We created tools to sniff packets, create packets, inject packets (thks to
Libpcap and Libnet) and now we have to code a network packet alteration
tool. My goal is to start doing an alteration of simple inbound and outbound
UDP packets then start working on TCP packets, but I found no portable
library to do that easily.

Do anyone know how to perform an alteration of specific packets (UDP or TCP)
in C or Python?
Does Libnet (http://www.phrack.org/phrack/55/P55-06) allow to do that?

I know I can also create a proxy tool that can modify packets but I prefer
doing the project without having to deploy a proxy in the LAN of the
school...

Samuel _______________________________________________
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html

  • libnet w/pcap for raw socks client / server
    ... I'm using libnet 1.1.1 and pcaplib 0.8.3. ... I'm attempting to use libnet and pcap together to write a raw sockets ... client for a client/server app, primarily so that I can gain explicit ... The libnet code to transmit packets exists solely in my pcap ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Libnet problem
    ... Does anyone use libnet? ... I have a program compiled with gcc -lnet, ... exact 1000 packets per second. ... Where I can turn off this limitation? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • libnet
    ... Does anyone use libnet? ... I have a program compiled with gcc -lnet, ... exact 1000 packets per second. ... Where I can turn off this limitation? ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • libnet
    ... how can I access the raw data of the packets I have constructed with libnet? ... I don't want to send those packets over an ip-Interface, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: flush socket buffer
    ... Villy Kruse wrote: ... as payload by a network packet. ... In this case I expect 3 packets to be sent. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)