From: <A.L.M.Buxey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:10:10 +0100
To: <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] breaking news tools, for an ever changing
community

Hi,

When you signup for a n3td3v account, your account will be binded with
your IP address, and you will only be able to access your account with
that IP address unique address. If you try and access your account on
an IP address you didn't sign-up with, you'll be denied access to your
account.

er, thats a bit of a crap idea. I access the internet from several dozen
different IPs daily. Either through home, work, the cafe down the road,
the town centre wifi, my friends houses etc. Binding to a single
IP address is a stupid idea which I thought still only worked in the
minds of some database/science journal people who dont 'get' the internet

alan

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Facebook seems to think my Arch Linux box has malware on it
    ... I'd try a different machine and different account ... [Full-disclosure] Facebook seems to think my Arch Linux box ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] PC/Laptop microphones
    ... HAVE BANK ACCOUNT ... Need I cite the list charter? ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache 2.2.17 exploit?