Re: [Full-disclosure] Tool Release - Tor Blocker

It is really unfortunate that most people that replied to this feel the need
to be haughty in their responses. I was simply trying to create a tool to
give back to the community. Our servers were comprimised by a tor user and I
saw the need to do my best to blacklist such users. If this is not your
need, then please respond to me personally with any suggestions you may
have, but do not start a public flame war like you are attempting.

Jason Areff
CISSP, A+, MCSE, Security+

----------
security through obscurity isnt security
----------

On 6/3/06, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx <Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:47:38 CDT, str0ke said:
> Umm what about the new ip addresses that are added to the tor network?

http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl?sortbw=1&addr=1&textonly=1

Ahh.. there we go. Now a wget of that every once in a while, and a little
bit of Perl kung-foo to build an 'addrs.h' file that gets #include'ed and
then rebuild the module, and we're getting closer. ;)

(And don't forget to throw out any alleged exit addresses in your own
address space, and any other addresses you really don't want to block.
It's embarassing when a clever hacker uses your own security routines to
DoS you ;)

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Getting Off the Patch
    ... Okay, so there's like 40 odd rather long responses to this discussion, can ... security analysts write checks that operations and management has to cash.. ... had to do was to install the patch. ... For what my position is worth, I totally support you and your research ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Newbie: Simple User question
    ... > First of all thank you all for the responses. ... > The reason I want the new user too access the tablespace is security. ... > so people cannot use the account to connect to the dbase from remote ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Way Off Topic Full Body Scans at Airports to improve air transport security
    ... and yet you can't really outsmart terrorists. ... been one of the top airport security people for El Al -- and I'm just ... psychological ones -- nervousness, consistency of responses, the ... identify potential terrorists based on physical characteristics alone ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Hopefully not too OT
    ... I certainly do appreciate all of the good responses to this. ... Phishing is indeed a worry I have to address as best I can, ... But I feel that IT security will ultimately be held responsible for any identity theft which may occur(especially if it is ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Re: MS Security Response is a bunch of half-witted morons
    ... couple of direct Email responses that suggest a few others may also ... I'll now address the peripheral security issues Jim ... are outweighed more than 10-to-1 in the responses I've ... Plenty of clever folk who ...
    (Full-Disclosure)