Re: [Full-disclosure] Full Disclosure "Code of conduct"

On 5/7/06, lee.e.rian@xxxxxxxxxx <lee.e.rian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >You would have to agree that Full Disclosure is a rather different (if
> >not alternate) mailing list. So one of the things i would do would be
> >using your favourite email client filters to reduce the noise and make
> >sure you won't read from specific people anymore, i've done so :)
>
> What do you do about the replies to that persons posts from others ?
>
> Do you filter them as well ?

Yes.

There aren't that many people that keep responding to *those* people - and
I've noticed they aren't worth listening to either.

I find the folks who talk about filtering individuals actually turn
out to be more lame than the folks they were complaining about.
Usually the folks complaining about the list have never contributed in
any form to the list whatsoever. For me I think the folks people talk
about filtering offer a better insight into whats going on than nobody
users who complain and ask about content filtering. Its been many a
time folks on this list have complained about me, then a couple of
days later they post a lame question onto the mailing list. To be
honest if you're having personal problems with the content of any list
then perhaps you should be unsubscribing. To me, filtering anyone is a
great injustice to yourself and others around your work place.
Professionals, good ones, don't filter anyone around here, they want
to see the full-picture landscape of whats going on and whats being
said, even the lame baited comments seen lots around unmoderated
international communications networks like Full-Disclosure.

  • Re: What trouble can I get into
    ... two groups this one get more trolls than behavior; members there are ... I am a member of all the cat groups except the community one. ... No problem really except the folks who handle ... exception to that as did the guy who was dealing with the filtering. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Mail content filtering
    ... On Wednesday 20 Jul 2005 07:25, Ms Linuz wrote: ... > OK, folks ... ... which package you guys suggest me to do email content filtering? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The Chuckle of the Day (CotD)
    ... those who didn't care for it could just ignore it. ... Filtering is just too difficult for the truly lazy and ungifted that read this 'group so they whine loudly and bitch directly. ... some folks have *some* things of interest to say and if one kill files them they'd never see the times they actually can be interesting and have valuable contributions. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: what is all that Kent pearson/roccaforte shite?
    ... Unless we start cross - posting jazz related ... But the folks at alt.guitar and others are much more used ... to filtering out things they don't want to see. ... they neither smoked nor drank ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)