Re: [Full-disclosure] New IE sploit?

Thanks for bringing this Bleeding-Snort URL to the list!

- Juha-Matti

This will handle the announced sploit...assuming you do snort, courtesy of Bleeding-Snort:

http://www.bleedingsnort.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/sigs/EXPLOIT/EXPLOIT_IE_Vulnerabilities?view=markup

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"BLEEDING-EDGE WEB CLIENT Internet Explorer createTextRange Code Execution"; flow:established,from_server; content:"document.getElementById"; content:"createTextRange"; nocase; distance:3; within:50; pcre:"/=\s*document\.getElementById.{0,30}?createTextRange/smi"; classtype:attempted-user; reference:bugtraq,17196; reference:cve,2006-1359; sid:2002860; rev:2; )

full-disclosure-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/24/2006 04:36:49 PM:

> Internet Storm Center's always informative Diary has the following new > information:
> > "a particular site uses the "createTextRange" vulnerability to install a

> spybot variant."
> > More details at > http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1212
> > The timestamp of updated Diary entry is 2006-03-24 21:49:09 UTC.
> No need to say that their role is not to share exact URLs.
> > - Juha-Matti
> > Has anyone got any sites that are currently using this, ideally links?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution
or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and
notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's
reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received. Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.

  • Re: Why Viacom ruling could take YouTube to profitability
    ... Just as a bar reserves the right to throw out a drunk or a restaurant reserves the right to refuse service to someone not wearing shoes and a shirt, what is wrong with the idea that an ISP should kick off users that are criminally violating their terms and conditions? ... Kicking off the criminals makes a whole lot more sense than say intentionally slowing down the internet speed of certain users. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation
    ... > Kohl's owns the Internet? ... > Kohl's reserves the right to read my email I send my mom just because ... Wiretap Act doesn't apply to stored electronic communications. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation
    ... > Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the ... > right to retrieve and read any message created, ... Kohl's owns the Internet? ... Kohl's reserves the right to read my email I send my mom just because ...
    (Full-Disclosure)