Re: [Full-disclosure] User Enumeration Flaw

Mar,
You are a dork... but thanks for posting this to the world, its very
useful, we'll get right on fixing this, can we fix you too?

Mar.Shatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
whitehouse.gov MX 100 mailhub-wh2.whitehouse.gov
noone@box:~$
noone@box:~$ telnet mailhub-wh2.whitehouse.gov 25
Trying 63.161.169.140...
Connected to mailhub-wh2.whitehouse.gov.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 whitehouse.gov ESMTP service at Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:29:38 -0500 (EST)
helo jojo
250 esgeop03.whitehouse.gov Hello [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], pleased to meet you
mail from:bob@xxxxxxx
250 2.1.0 bob@xxxxxxxxxx Sender ok
rcpt to:gbush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
550 5.1.1 gbush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User unknown
rcpt to:president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
250 2.1.5 president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Recipient ok
quit
221 2.0.0 esgeop03.whitehouse.gov closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

User enumeration at the whitehouse

BullGuard Anti-virus has scanned this e-mail and found it clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Spike in SSH scans
    ... on my residential connection. ... Based SSH Connection - Often used as a BruteForce Tool [Classification: ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Charter Cable Broadband Support Problems
    ... I had a similar bad experience with Charter Internet. ... I bought my own Motorola modem ... it was probably a connection problem. ... I only get the local high-def channels. ...
    (comp.dcom.modems.cable)
  • Re: Network Error
    ... Secunia is just a program that monitors all your software to let you know if ... and other times I get the network error box. ... Check the Secunia support forums for similar questions. ... try "Choose Connection Speed" dropdown, and see if you can set that to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Fedora: internet connection
    ... Settings -- Date & Time and uncheck "Enable Network Time Protocol" ... > has no internet connection; I open up the Mozilla browser, ... I was helping someone else about the same time with Charter and web ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: cant send mail
    ... you are connecting to the Internet through some facility other than Charter. ... SMTP server belonging to that connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)