Re: [Full-disclosure] blocking Google Desktop

I am using Google desktop version 4. By default search across computers is
not enabled. Can someone explain me why all the noise if I just don't use
the feature.

I believe that educating the users is the best way to safeguard against
issues like this. As my understanding says most of the incidents take place,
not because of technical superiority of the attacker (virus)(It applies to
issues like GDS as well) but because of social engineering or insufficient
due diligence from user's part.

PS: No offense to anyone. If what I am thinking is wrong kindly correct me.

  • Re: USB-2, NTFS, Audio, Reliability
    ... this supposedly automatically turns on ... read-after-write verification in XP, unless a command line utility is used. ... computers follows a Gaussian model. ... computer, there is a sea of noise sloshing around, as well as cosmic rays ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Socket timeout
    ... Google Desktop again on only one of them, and we'll see what will happen... ... If the situation repeats on both computers, ... On the firewall of all computers three ports are opened. ... I even tried disabling Windows firewall, ...
  • Re: Socket timeout
    ... There are three desktop computers let's call them S, C1 and C2, and I've ... On the firewall of all computers three ports are opened. ... either, to the network stack. ... Google Desktop? ...
  • Re: Macintosh emits a noise
    ... your friend (with the "four year college diploma in computers") clearly ... hours to fix a loose fan... ... Typical condescending whining and assumptions from a armchair critics. ... For example, the computer was asleep part of the time, and the noise ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: excessive hard drive use/paging file
    ... Sometimes noise comes from surprising places. ... For example, Dell computers ... Many power supply fans in contemporary ... Rocky ...