Re: [Full-disclosure] Steve Gibson smokes crack?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 02:31:06PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> I've heard that WINE suffers from the same exploit. How could
> it be a microsoft "conspiracy" if WINE (implemented from API docs)
> does the same thing?

http://www.winehq.com/site/wine_features
Wine Features
"bug-for-bug" compatibility with Windows

--
where do you want bill gates to go today?
EOM

  • Re: What are the needs of Visual Basic Express?
    ... you can expect Wine to be released sometime this ... > software is ready to release rather than releasing it with known but ... > unacknowledged bugs, as Microsoft has done. ... Linux bus lines. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: What are the needs of Visual Basic Express?
    ... that VB6 can be much easier for a beginner to learn than .NET because there are ... Microsoft assures us that VB.NET is not a new language, it is merely an upgrade, ... misrepresented WINE as a "perfect" Windows on Linux? ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Microsoft Blocking WINE Users From Downloads Site
    ... This is one of those things that I think Delphi programmers should be ... Microsoft is now finally recognizing that WINE is something ... The Microsoft downloads center is now using an ActiveX ... Win32 API suffices for anything I would ever create. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Windows development....on linux?
    ... cross-compiler environment setup. ... But you will still somehow be able to test those binaries, wine could work, but as it's not 100% compatible with microsoft, you application may not work in wine, then you have to use win4lin or vmware, which both require a microsoft installation, then you could have the whole development environment in there too. ... This can be useful if you have many slow computers or building a really "big" binary. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: What are the needs of Visual Basic Express?
    ... >>render his VB.Net program obsolete. ... >>him to adopt VB6 which Microsoft has actually declared to be obsolete. ... If Wine was successful Microsoft would "enhance" Windows to break it. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)