[Full-disclosure] How to Determine My System Vulnerabilities

I have three servers running Linux Red Hat OS.  I would lke to find a source for information regarding "How Too" when it comes to determining what level of kernel, SSH, PHP, ect my servers are running.  I do know how to check some of these things but am looking for someone who is very knowledgeble and is willing to answer questions about this OS.

Gene Smith
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
IT/ Telecom  612 204 6355

  • Re: Linux hacked
    ... To find out what kernel version you are running, type "uname -a" without ... > been unsuccessful in getting root back. ... > via ssh but you could su in once logged in as one of three users. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [patch 0/4] MAP_NOZERO v2 - VM_NOZERO/MAP_NOZERO early summer madness
    ... Also, a simple kernel build, in my Dual Opteron with 8GB of RAM, shows ... So I implemented a rather quick hack that introduces a new mmapflag ... if your web browser and your ssh session are running under the same ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [opensuse] Why I dont upgrade often
    ... The next security advisory was about PHP ... ... be as safe as running the most current kernel. ... and just use it as a router, you might be safe for years and years. ... machines for data collection which run ancient old debian ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Threading behavior in 2.6.5 may be broken ?
    ... > I ssh into the server and run this program as root ... > On this new kernel, ... RedHat implements this by introducing an i386-specific ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [PHP] SSH and php
    ... % % Is it possible to run a SSH command from php? ... it's possible to run any command from php. ... There are ways to do that -- I personally would create a kick script ...
    (php.general)