[Full-disclosure] Buffer Overflow vulnerability in Windows Display Manager [Suspected]

Hi,
The Windows display manager crashes when a BOF is attempted on a mozilla firefox.
This has different results on different windows machine.
In Windows XP only the display manager crashes , whereas on a Windows 2000 server the BSOD(Blue screen of death )appears and the system hangs.
I am using Firefox 1.0.6. I think that the bug is in the display driver and not with firefox. Kindly find a screen shot attached with this email.

Thanks
Sumit

--

Sumit Siddharth
Information Security Analyst

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Buffer Overflow vulnerability in Windows Display Manager [Suspected]
    ... overflow issue in Firefox so I can try and reproduce ... > The Windows display manager crashes when a BOF is ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox
    ... little happier running windows. ... Back on topic though, IE is no where near Firefox for security, however, ... More infinate wisdom there Rafel. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Having problems with Dial-Up on Service Pack 2
    ... I have installed both Firefox and Netscape and the only difference is ... Connection Sharing and the Windows 98 SE system can access the Internet with ... uninstalling all the AntiVirus (I had Norton System Works 2004) but I was ... "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?" ...