Re: [Full-disclosure] complaints about the governemnt spying!

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:04:43 CST, Leif Ericksen said:

There are those laws that are direct and clear cut, and there are the
ones that takes an act of congress to decide what is legal or not. ;)

And then there are those you're not allowed to even *see*. In Gilmore v. Ashcroft,
the Department of Justice finally consented to allow a *judge* with a security
clearance to see the text of the law, but Gilmore and his attorneys are still
denied access to what the law says.

Which begs the question... How do you break a law that you don't know exists?

How can one be expected not to break the law if the law is never made available?

                  -bkfsec

  • Re: Pelosi Slaps down CNNs Kyra Phillips (NDC)
    ... >> deceasced Chief Justice. ... denegrating a judge is bad taste is because they do not make law but only ... Constitution. ... Blaming judges as such for rulings under law seems bizarre.I ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • THE RULE OF LAW
    ... THE RULE OF LAW ... OR "SOCIAL JUSTICE THROUGH EMPATHY" ... U.S. Circuit Court -- want to rewrite our sacred United States ... JUDGE SONIA SOTOMYOR IS THE EPITOME OF A "SOCIAL JUSTICE" JUDGE. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: no Miranda rights for terror suspects
    ... because some liberal judge decided my bill is unconstitutional. ... Firmly grasping the obvious...of course any law can put on hold the ... Replace judge with SCOTUS. ... the constitution gives Congress broad powers to limit sCOTUS ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • TURMEL: "Triple-Pimp Turmel" in Canadas Criminal Code
    ... Drugs S.4 possession. ... that it was open to the trial judge to conclude that there ... The declaration of invalidity in R. v. Parker ... to declare the S.4 law on Terry Parker Day. ...
    (sci.econ)
  • Re: Armorial register puzzles:
    ... Please clarify whether the judge was speaking to the matter at hand or to ... not the Church and if the Church were to incorporate an individual into the ... The quoted passages of Canon Law are interesting ...
    (rec.heraldry)