[Full-disclosure] Character vulnerabilities

Hi list,

I read so many postings on this list of people who seemingly do not control their anger, fury etc. which seems to bump their heads straight at their ceilings.

Do you really consider this as qualities of a security researcher/consultant/employee/...?

I'd rather consider them vulnerabilities which might expose them to social engineering attacks or to being blinded by their own rage, which can easily result in destructive carelessness in many areas.

I don't think that it makes a good publicity for a company to work with security people not mastering themselves. Why would you entrust them with your systems if they react so emotionally? Shouldn't they rather be clear-minded, rational, controlling themselves, etc., when dealing in any way with security issues?

So please, do yourself and those around you a favor and change; you CAN do it, and you will make everybody happier, and youself more efficient, if happyness is not your thing.

So cheer up, and take it a bit more easily!
Peer

  • Re: No Wonder Kodak Went Broke ...
    ... Many emotions in general ... Many activities are without risk. ... security "experts" didn't supports my contention that the security experts ... I don't allow emotion to control my behavior. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • [NEWS] HelixPlayer Based Players Format String
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... media player for Linux, Solaris (versions for other operating systems are ... between 0x0822** - 0x082f** and with control of one pointer at a time ... $ An open security advisory #13 - RealPlayer and Helix Player Remote ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: why microsoft choose mfc rather than wtl?
    ... to lower security settings, etc. ... For a client to get ... the particular AX control is never accessed, shown, or downloaded. ... unethical to deliver an automobile to customers because it is possible ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • A Way to Attack Nuclear Plants
    ... Industrial computer systems are typically far less secure than they ... officials in Iran confirmed that Stuxnet ... PLCs connect to, and control, devices ... security experts say. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Linux security
    ... that is in Windows NT-based systems out of the box. ... Why do you want that fine level of control? ... level of control over security?" ... a file system is a different beast altogether. ...
    (Ubuntu)