Re: [Full-disclosure] [Clips] A small editorial about recentevents.(fwd)

Our Federal government cannot enter a disaster area unless invited by the governor of the state. In the case of Katrina, the governor was more concerned with getting re-elected than she was with saving her constituents. Her recently-disclosed email messages prove this. Also, the mayor ordered a mandatory evacuation (when it was too late to enforce), but most people didn't leave. If you place yourself in harms way, is it the government's responsibility to extricate you?

The head of FEMA was a bonehead, but that problem has been fixed. Are you now going to tell me that the US Army Corps of Engineers went into New Orleans to blow holes in the levees? Or maybe we caused hurricane Katrina with our special nuclear-powered hurricane-generators?

Just checking...