From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'wilder_jeff Wilder'" <wilder_jeff@xxxxxxx>;
<sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 11:30 PM
Subject: RE: [lists] Re: [Full-disclosure] IT security professionals in
demand in 2006

> Jeff Wilder sent:
> > Not to validate the cissp... but try to get a good security
> > job with out it.
>
> I agree Jeff, for some reason it is considered the gold standard, though
not
> sure why. Never took a class, studied a single book for a week and
knocked
> it out in half the 6-hour time period. The SANS GIAC certs were much more
> technical and absolutely required the classes.
>
> I describe the CISSP as a river a mile wide and 6 inches deep, and the
SANS
> certs as a hundred yards wide and 30 feet deep.
>
> If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
> What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
> -- former White House cybersecurity czar Richard Clarke
>
> Curt Purdy CISSP, GSNA, GSEC, CNE, MCSE+I, CCDA
> Information Security Officer

  • Re: CISSP Question
    ... Have a minimum of four years of direct full-time security professional ... You don't have to be affiliated with an organization to take the CISSP ... ISACA does have a standard that is used in many places. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: CISSP Question
    ... 2 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000 ... Subject: CISSP Question ... I am working VERY hard now to get my Masters in Information Systems Security as I am in a dead-end job as a Paralegal. ... To qualify for CISSP, you should have at least four years of experience in one ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
    ... general security credential. ... I understand that a CISSP can tell me that ... Credentials can only be looked at to strengthen the credibility of a ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
    ... you do not need 6 years of "security" work you only need to have ... you do not need to have a CISSP vouch for your experience. ... Credentials can only be looked at to strengthen the credibility of a ... You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: question about CISSP experience requirements
    ... got my CISSP a some years back so there is some ... should specifically identify security experience. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center ...
    (Security-Basics)