[Full-disclosure] This crap needs to stop

From: Paul Schmehl (pauls_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: 11/28/05

    Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:33:32 -0600
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    <http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/#00000723>

    Here's an interesting one. Peripherals manufacturer I-O Data has shipped a
    series of nice-looking portable hard drives in the 40GB to 120GB range -
    carrying the Backdoor.Win32.Tompai trojan on them.

    They should be roasted just as Sony was for their backdoor DRM "technology".

    Twits.

    Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
    Adjunct Information Security Officer
    University of Texas at Dallas
    AVIEN Founding Member
    http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

    • What is wrong with these people?
      ... Peripherals manufacturer I-O Data has shipped a ... series of nice-looking portable hard drives in the 40GB to 120GB range - ... carrying the Backdoor.Win32.Tompai trojan on them. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: What is wrong with these people?
      ... Peripherals manufacturer I-O Data has shipped a series of nice-looking portable hard drives in the 40GB to 120GB range ... You would think Sony's mistake would wake manufacturers up. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] This crap needs to stop
      ... Peripherals manufacturer I-O Data has shipped ... FWIW: I think the Southpark/Tigerwoods PSX thing from '99 still takes ...
      (Full-Disclosure)