Re: [Full-disclosure] Hacking Boot camps!

senator.crabgrass_at_comcast.net
Date: 11/23/05

    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk
    Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:39:10 +0000

    The proof is in the pudding. IMHO which is often not so H the cert game is nothing more than a lucrative revenue generator. For either the test givers or the vender pusher or the land of test king. Buy the initials if you must, hands on and a solid understanding of how and why the stack works be it network or cpu will serve you well.

    vote for me

    > > - Most of their instructors are unqualified to answer any questions
    > > that are not in their training books.
    >
    > This is why I only do them as "challenge" certifications, and then only
    > when I'm looking for another job (managers like to see lots of initials
    > after your name).
    >
    > Does *any* security cert say anything about the individual to whom it's
    > issued .. nope, just that they're persistent.
    >
    > My $0.02.
    >
    > Michael Holstein (lots of initials...)
    > Cleveland State University

    • Re: WWYLF?
      ... I vote for those associated with the lame D23. ... Anyone making more than 20 times the pay of front-line CM's. ... there should not but such a disparity between the people doing the front-line customer service in the parks and the people that are managing them (and the people who manage those managers and their managers). ...
      (rec.arts.disney.parks)