Re: [Full-disclosure] IMLogic telling porkies about Yahoo

From: eric williams (nfobro_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:12:05 +0000
    To: n3td3v <xploitable@gmail.com>

    I will attempt to be brief. I think maybe you missed the point of the
    IMLogic statement. Stating that malware or exploits are targeted at a
    particular application or O/S does not infer that exploitation is
    successful at circumventing technical controls. It only asserts that
    the object is targeted.

    In a later post another article was cited, in that article a different
    exploit vector was being exercised and the Yahoo! messenger was being
    used as a social engineering 'tool'.

    I don't think, personally, that anyone should be 'banned' or is not
    genuine in their desire to contribute to the community of list
    subscribers on FD. There is the occasional individual rant or self
    aggrandizement, but who is not guilty of that on occasion? Filter as
    required, peruse, repeat.

    -e