Re: [Full-disclosure] CORE-Impact license bypass

From: c0ntex (c0ntexb_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/26/05

    Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:36:41 +0100
    To: Josh Perrymon <perrymonj@networkarmor.com>, full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    CORE is a good product for what it does. Just as NMAP is and just like
    Nessus is, though relying on them is probably not a good idea for an
    audit. I rather do all pentesting by hand, nothing can compete against
    that and I can't think of a time where I have ever used either Nessus
    or CORE in an audit.

    Never used CANVAS. I don't care for Automated exploit tools but
    someone had CORE and I fancied a play as the CORE team are a pretty
    interesting bunch of guys.

    On 26/09/05, Josh Perrymon <perrymonj@networkarmor.com> wrote:
    > While on the topic of Impact...
    >
    > What do you see as the real value of the program?
    > Is it just because it has all the exploits in there and it's GUI based?
    >
    > What can you do with it you cant do by hand?
    >
    > Also- how does it compare to CANVAS?
    >
    > JP

    regards
    c0ntex