Re: [Full-disclosure] CORE-Impact license bypass

From: c0ntex (
Date: 09/26/05

    Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:36:41 +0100
    To: Josh Perrymon <>,

    CORE is a good product for what it does. Just as NMAP is and just like
    Nessus is, though relying on them is probably not a good idea for an
    audit. I rather do all pentesting by hand, nothing can compete against
    that and I can't think of a time where I have ever used either Nessus
    or CORE in an audit.

    Never used CANVAS. I don't care for Automated exploit tools but
    someone had CORE and I fancied a play as the CORE team are a pretty
    interesting bunch of guys.

    On 26/09/05, Josh Perrymon <> wrote:
    > While on the topic of Impact...
    > What do you see as the real value of the program?
    > Is it just because it has all the exploits in there and it's GUI based?
    > What can you do with it you cant do by hand?
    > Also- how does it compare to CANVAS?
    > JP

    • Re: running nessus from inside of a jail
      ... I got it working by deinstalling the nessus port and install the latest ... I've created a jail where only nessus lives in, ... Core was generated by `nessusd'. ...
    • RE: [Dailydave] RE: Network Exploitation Tools aka ExploitationEngines
      ... CANVAS is completely programmed in Python. ... As I have said in the past, core impact has more beautifying, more wrapping, ...
    • Re: canvas - convert screen coords into model coords
      ... > support some scaling factors in the core. ... Perhaps the real problem is that we link canvas scaling operations ... the canvas coordinate system and the world/model coordinate system. ...
    • Re: Tk Zinc vs latest version of Tk8.5
      ... I am involved in a user interface project aiming to integrate a core ... application and few automated utilities written in TCL. ... visualization, Easy drag drop, Transformation of co-ordinates ... Tk::Zinc canvas is far superior to the default canvas in Tk, ...
    • Re: treectrl !
      ... > Thanks for the info Tim and for the great control! ... As for going in the core I ... just because it has a fairly complex interface. ... could stop using Canvas ...