RE: [Full-disclosure] Search Results w/Trojan?

fd_at_ew.nsci.us
Date: 09/17/05

    Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:30:46 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "'FoR ReaLz' E. Balansay" <edgardo@u.washington.edu>

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, 'FoR ReaLz' E. Balansay wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Madison, Marc wrote:
    >
    > > What Trojan does McAfee report?
    >
    > Exploit-URLSpoof.gen

    See the %00? That is probably wat mcafee calls a Exploit-URLSpoof.gen. I
    would hardly call it a trojan ... still, it is interesting to see this
    show up in a googling.

    www.spotlight.de%00@www.google.de/zforen/sec/m/sec-1123333130-8756.html

    -Eric

    > McAfee link:
    > http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100927.htm
    >
    > Goodbye!
    > Edgardo

    Eric Wheeler
    Vice President
    National Security Concepts, Inc.
    PO Box 3567
    Tualatin, OR 97062
    http://www.nsci.us/
    Voice: (503) 293-7656
    Fax:   (503) 885-0770

    • Re: Winlogon Error
      ... The Trojan is identified as Spy-Agent.bw!mem ... The latter reports the following low risk trojans:- ... I am less than amused that McAfee appears to have let ... however, is that after clearing the desktop icons, the machine sits ...
    • Re: StartPageDU.dll trojan
      ... | I have a trojan which makes it impossible to keep Internet Explorer up. ... | I get the following error message from McAfee: ... Use the following tool, and after you download the needed scanner files, make sure you ...
    • RE: COM Surrogate
      ... Not all COM+ Surrogate behavor is malicious. ... Did McAfee warn that the ... program "might be a trojan" or say that it actualy was a known trojan? ... Windows 2000 Security Homepage: ...
    • Re: McAfee verses AVG Free
      ... I usually see more Trojan ... Viral infections. ... free/trial-ware version of McAfee on their PC till it expired. ... Today I installed AVG, it began a ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: [Full-disclosure] Search Results w/Trojan?
      (Full-Disclosure)