Re: [Full-disclosure] Mozilla Firefox "Host:" Buffer Overflow

From: n e w s (youreallythoughtiwouldgiveyoumy-dshield_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/09/05

    Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:41:24 -0700
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Heikki Toivonen wrote:

    >Tom Ferris wrote:
    >

    >>Vendor Status:
    >>Mozilla was notified, and im guessing they are working on a patch. Who
    >>knows though?
    >>

    >That seems like a gross mischaracterization, at least by looking at the
    >Bugzilla bug filed by you which I believe this corresponds to. The bug
    >was reported two days ago (Sep 6), the first comment came less than an
    >hour after that, and the first attempted fix was attached less than two
    >hours after the bug was filed. Further comments explained how it was
    >proving hard to find what and where was actually going wrong to put in
    >the right fix. 10 replies total in less than two days. To me it seems
    >obvious work is being done.

    Hi, I was looking for the Firefox bug report mentioned, and after
    searching for quite some time was not able to find the thread on
    Bugzilla. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but if someone has a
    link to the url of Tom's post to Bugzilla, I'd be grateful if the link
    found its way onto this list. TIA!

    n e w s