Re: [Full-disclosure] violent words

From: J.A. Terranson (measl_at_mfn.org)
Date: 08/28/05

    Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:56:28 -0500 (CDT)
    To: Peer Janssen <peer@baden-online.de>

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Peer Janssen wrote:

    > I am new to this list.

    Then perhaps you should lurk for a while?

    > I suppose the goal of "full disclosure" is to make this world a better
    > place.

    No. Not really. FD is the place where ego's rule and manners are
    unknown. Think UseNet circa 1995.

    > So I'm quite astonished about the tone I'm reading in the last mails.

    If these bother you then you will likely not find this a very comforting
    home.

    > Is this the general tone here ?

    Yes.

    > I never read such a thing before.

    Then you don't get out much, do you?

    > Maybe in films, but this is real life, and you are real persons.

    No - you and me are real persons. Eric Scher is a wad of dick cheese.

    > Why are you doing this to yourself? Is any of you feeling happier
    > talking like this to your fellow human beings?

    Quite. Thanks for asking.

    > And in front of probably thousands of people?

    Hrmmm... Thousands? I don't know that FD has that kind of penetration
    anymore - but *maybe*.

    > Is this the kind of world you want to create?

    It the kind of world we're already IN peer. Dig it or check out, right?

    > I guess I somewhat understand both your point of view and what your
    > friction is about, but I think if you try and put yourself in the shoes
    > of your diskussion partner, you could figure out some way to get along
    > better. I'm sure you can do that.

    I don't think so.

    > I appreciate franc words which are better than keeping silent about
    > injustice, but I also suppose that gentle and humble -- everybody has
    > some dark sides -- words will generally work better.

    Words are, unfortunately, all we have (for now anyway. I'm working on the
    rest though). So we might as weell use them ;-)

    > Cheers
    > Peer

    //Alif

    --