Re: [Full-disclosure] Is this a phishing attempt?

From: Technica Forensis (forensis.technica_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/26/05

    Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:02:28 -0400
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    On 8/24/05, winsoc <winsoc@googlemail.com> wrote:
    > I seriously cannot believe that someone would be so mundane in
    > thinking that people would reply to this.

    I have heard of several cases of people giving up hundreds of
    thousands of dollars and even flying to Nigeria to personally meet the
    'prince'. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

    A friend of mine got one of these about a year ago and the random name
    of the person that died in the plane crash was his father's name. He
    got a big kick out of forwarding to his father and asking for his $14M
    inheritance.

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Is this a phishing attempt?
      ... > I seriously cannot believe that someone would be so mundane in ... of the person that died in the plane crash was his father's name. ... got a big kick out of forwarding to his father and asking for his $14M ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Im sure I shall regret this.............
      ... kick in, or do you get something more mundane? ... Austin Shackles. ... www.ddol-las.net my opinions are just that ...
      (uk.rec.sheds)
    • Re: Im sure I shall regret this.............
      ... It's on my chamine. ... kick in, or do you get something more mundane? ... teh internets is populated by eggshells armed with hammers ...
      (uk.rec.sheds)