Re: [Full-disclosure] talk.google.com

From: Justin Allen (jallen_at_logicaldevelopments.com.au)
Date: 08/26/05

    Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:32:05 +0800
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    If you also read another part of the policy[1] it states that: " We
    conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that
    access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably
    necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users
    or the public."

    Meaning that they will only disclose your information if they have a
    good reason to, not just give it out whenever they want.

    I really don't see why people are so paranoid about this, Google is
    doing nothing illegal or even unethical. Does it really matter if
    another country knows about where John Doe lives or what he gets up to
    anyway?

    [1] http://www.google.com/privacy.html

    http://secunia.com/">http://secunia.com/>
    >> </pre>
    >><title></title>
    >><pre>Justin Allen
    >>Software Developer
    >>Logical Developments
    >>Phone: +61 8 9458 3889
    >> </pre>

    Justin Allen
    Software Developer
    Logical Developments
    Phone: +61 8 9458 3889

    • Re: ISRAEL BLOG Motivation NEW POLL
      ... much and get nothing from a peace agreement. ... Killing all posts from Google Groups ... We may use personal information to provide the services you've ... personal information on a server outside your own country. ...
      (soc.culture.jewish)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] talk.google.com
      ... >From what I have read it seems that Google can only collect personal ... I suggest you read Google's Privacy Policyproperly before making any ... Logical Developments ... I think the fuss has to do with the 'Privacy' paragraph in the terms of service: "You agree that Google may access or disclose your personal information, including the content of your communications" and "Personal information collected by Google may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Google Inc. or its agents maintain facilities" ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Two questions for Michael Snyder.
      ... I only asked if he had a passport, or had visited another country. ... I hadn't considered this to be 'personal information' To me, ... And Google. ...
      (alt.true-crime)
    • Re: How many kiwis playing for England?
      ... players came over as babies or kids, ... Aussies who are even worse at enlisting foreign senior players ... The key here is that you are supposed to be representing a country. ... Google, then the problem is with Google. ...
      (rec.sport.rugby.union)