Re: [Full-disclosure] talk.google.com

From: Technica Forensis (forensis.technica_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/26/05

    Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:57:27 -0400
    To: "Geo." <geoincidents@nls.net>

    > I don't understand the big fuss over google talk.

    I think the fuss has to do with the 'Privacy' paragraph in the terms of service:
    "You agree that Google may access or disclose your personal
    information, including the content of your communications" and
    "Personal information collected by Google may be stored and processed
    in the United States or any other country in which Google Inc. or its
    agents maintain facilities"

    Google itself is located in 11 locations in U.S. and:
    Dublin, Ireland
    London & Manchester, UK
    Sydney, Australia
    Toronto & Ontario, Canada
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Paris, France
    Hamburg, Germany
    Bangalore & Hyderabad, India
    Milano, Italy
    Tokyo, Japan
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Madrid, Spain
    Stockholm, Sweden

    So, anything I say over gTalk will be stored and can be retreived by
    any of these countries.

    • Re: We three kings of Andalusia are...
      ... I had some trouble finding anything on Google, but it appears to be this ... What an awful machine translation. ... Made a lot of fuss here on the telly, ... I find one humorous article linking to another humorous article (the ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: FOR AUCTION: Railway Phottographs.
      ... From a quick Google, you also contribute a different FA to other ... but I can't see why you are making a fuss. ... And anyone who sees an interesting one can go to the eBay site and grab a copy of the picture for free! ...
      (uk.railway)
    • Re: OT: "Grave consequences result from the teams hunt for a killer."
      ... gearhead wrote: ... I had to google "ncis" to find out what this fuss is all about. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Arroz con Pollo Pic
      ... No fuss no muss no sign in. ... hey?? ... It's not a pre-requisite to have a Google account..... ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: How many kiwis playing for England?
      ... players came over as babies or kids, ... Aussies who are even worse at enlisting foreign senior players ... The key here is that you are supposed to be representing a country. ... Google, then the problem is with Google. ...
      (rec.sport.rugby.union)