[Full-disclosure] Port 8041 Syn flood

From: Rajesh (rvarada_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/23/05

    Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:39:39 +0530
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Hi All,

    Is anyone else seeing a very large increase of SYN packets coming to
    port 8041 over the last couple of days. It is coming from different
    addresses to most of my machines in separate networks. I couldn't find
    information about any services that use port 8041 yet. So for now I am
    assuming that this is just a SYN flood. Can anyone else shed some more
    light into this?

    Thanks
    Rajesh