Re: [Full-disclosure] SQL Injeciton.

From: Gabbar Sing (GabbarRang_at_netscape.net)
Date: 08/20/05

    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:42:36 -0400
    To: requiem@praetor.org (Jeremy Bishop), full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Thanks I would definitely check on magic_quotes, but the fact is it escapes those characters, so theres no way...its succeptable to sql injection. and ofcourse i am asking this question here means the develper has not done any kind of sanitization checking. So, if SLQ injection is no possible even below given XXS wont be the case i guess,

    '><script>alert('ur hacked')</script>

    Thanks,

    Gabbar.

    Jeremy Bishop <requiem@praetor.org> wrote:

    >On Friday 19 August 2005 20:20, Gabbar Sing wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We have an internal web application written in PHP, in which the
    >> developer has got following line.
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >> At first sight I though its very much vulnerible to SQL Injection,
    >> but I am not just able to demonstrate it. As when i send the
    >> character " ' " it just escapes it before sending query to db as " '
    >> " thus failing my injection.
    >
    >PHP has a feature known as magic quotes that can provide automatic
    >escaping of quotes in user-submitted data. I believe the configuration
    >variables to look at are "magic_quotes_gpc" and "magic_quotes_sybase",
    >or some variation on those; the documentation should be more revealing.
    >
    >The developer may also have manually sanitized the data; I assume you
    >have checked for that already? The ideal means of handling input would
    >be to have the code check whether magic quotes are enabled and to take
    >appropriate action based on the result of that check.
    >
    >--
    >My group's mission statement - 'You want *what* ? By *WHEN* ?'
    > -- Simon Burr

    Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

    Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • Re: may I ask this question?
      ... Sharing of expertise is one thing, but over 10 years both of you have, ... post in the php NG. ... Internet for most people. ... using php and mysql at a very basic ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: use/reuse of intranet business dlls by asp.net apps
      ... I read through the VB and write the exact logic in PHP. ... We want asp.net (OR our internet ... avoid the work of building two apps, one for web and one for intranet. ...
    • Re: Exception list problem in internet explorer in the Local Netwo
      ... But I don't want that the requests to the internal web sites in the local ... network go to the ISA proxy. ... However I never use GPO for proxy settings it is too rigid and does seem to have ... We use the ISA proxy server to go to internet in the local network. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa.clients)
    • RE: publish companyweb for external users
      ... site from the internet. ... When you click the internal web site link in the ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: found clues about a security issue in a web server
      ... In the latest week my internet connection was frozen. ... i see this process in my webserver (stored ... That website use php and mysql. ... That security issue happen's by a bad-programmed script code, first of all, ...
      (Security-Basics)