Re: [Full-disclosure] Re: It's not that simple...

From: Micheal Espinola Jr (michealespinola_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:51:22 -0400
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Exactly. Because MS is such a stupid-admin prone OS, MS needs to work
    harder at making tools like the recent SCW (Security Configuration
    Wizard) available to all their OS's - not just the newer ones.

    Even though checklists and security docs these days are numerous for
    the basics - people aren't looking into them or following them because
    of all the manual steps involved. Things like the SCW need to be
    embedded in the OS to make it as idiot proof as possible to apply a
    secure configuration.

    I think we'll all agree that lots of idiots maintain Microsoft OS's.
    It isn't necessarily MS's fault - but it is a culture that they
    cultivated, so they definitely hold some accountability.

    ME2  <http://www.santeriasys.net/>