Re: [Full-disclosure] Disney Down?

From: Jason Coombs (jasonc_at_science.org)
Date: 08/17/05

    To: "Larry Seltzer" <larry@larryseltzer.com>
    To: "'Micheal Espinola Jr'" <michealespinola@gmail.com>
    To: "Full-Disclosure" <full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk>
    Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:15:28 +0000 GMT

    American Express has been unable to provide me with customer service by telephone since the outbreak began.

    Larry, you of all people can't possibly believe that the scope of this incident is limited to what you read in the news.

    Furthermore, do you truly believe that the worms are the point here?

    The worms cause a distraction, and the media plus the antivirus industry collaborate to make victims believe that they can recover from the incident just by shutting down the worm.

    What about attacks that took place with the worms as cover? How many high-value systems just got compromised, and will remain so, by something other than the worms' code -- where the victim won't even bother to investigate that possibility because they feel like the worm was the incident.

    Regards,

    Jason Coombs
    jasonc@science.org