[Full-disclosure] The Cisco media frenzy

From: n3td3v (xploitable_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/14/05

    Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:11:47 +0100
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    I think its pathetic the way everyone has handled the whole affair. I
    don't blame Cisco for anything. To see these self proclaimed hackers
    goto Blackhat and Defcon is a complete joke.

    Then we had the self procalimed hackers saying they would target Cisco
    products and make a 0-day disclosure to give Cisco Systems Inc a black
    eye for pulling their planned coordinated speech with this dude
    M.Lynn. What a joke the security community is being right now.

    Its a classic case of jumping on the bandwagaon. Before the summer
    most hadn't given Cisco any thought, but suddenly their public enemy
    number one.

    I suggest that the majority of those attending these conferences are
    indeed script kiddies, not hackers.

    The feds held a "meet the feds" gathering at one of these conferences
    this year.

    They asked everyone to stand up. Those who had never accessed a system
    illegaly were asked to sit down. The rest left standing, were
    instantly photographed by the feds.

    Would a hacker really fall for a trick like that?

    The best security team is http://groups-beta.google.com/group/n3td3v

    Thanks, n3td3v
     (list-owner)

    • Hackers Race to Expose Cisco Internet Flaw
      ... Internet and the security hole has dominated a pair of conferences ... The hackers said they had no intention of hijacking e-commerce ... they said they wanted to illustrate the need for Cisco ... Security researcher Michael Lynn first described the flaw on Wednesday ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] The Cisco media frenzy
      ... > Then we had the self procalimed hackers saying they would target Cisco ... > products and make a 0-day disclosure to give Cisco Systems Inc a black ... oink oink. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] The Cisco media frenzy
      ... To see these self proclaimed hackers ... > Then we had the self procalimed hackers saying they would target Cisco ... What a joke the security community is being right now. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)