Re: [Full-disclosure] Motorist wins case after maths whizzes break spe ed camera code (fwd)

From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson) (fergdawg_at_netzero.net)
Date: 08/11/05

    Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:40:40 GMT
    To: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu

    ...and speaking of MD5, this showed up on Bruce Schneier's
    Blog this morning:

    [snip]

    A team of Chinese maths enthusiasts have thrown NSW's speed cameras system into disarray by cracking the technology used to store data about errant motorists.

    [snip]

    The MD5 Defense
    http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/08/the_md5_defense.html

    - ferg

    --
    "Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
     fergdawg@netzero.net or fergdawg@sbcglobal.net

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Re: Case ID 51560370 - Notice of ClaimedInfringement
      ... > You could take a zipfile and pad it in non critical areas to change the ... > could also pad any embedded jpeg images to engineer a collision. ... > the new MD5 without materially changing the content. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: OO confusion
      ... Would you mind explaining further or pointing me to further reading ... you the MD5 of the data "foo". ... addfile method call. ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: Understanding and Building Google PageRank
      ... Where I rank, I ... actually, one keyphrase that I did chase was "ethical SEO expert", ... Article - To Blog or Not to Blog ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)
    • Re: Tossing an idea around.....
      ... appropriate fields and their data types, per category, so that ... An entry I read recently in Tony's Microsoft Access Blog comes to mind ... I followed a link from fellow MVP Mitch Wheat's blog entry When Design ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)
    • Re: Hear ye, hear ye, er, ....
      ... > Did you post here about having a blog or something? ... I don't recall going ... > and grabbing your pic from it, but then I am getting old and forgetful. ...
      (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)