[Full-disclosure] Re: What is this

From: Feher Tamas (etomcat_at_freemail.hu)
Date: 08/09/05

    Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:34:03 +0200 (CEST)
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Hello,

    All these files are indeed known malicious objects and
    established antivirus software will detect most of them, see
    below.

    I hope these places will be taken off-line via CERT inquiry
    quite soon, to prevent more victims falling prey.

    Regards, Tamas Feher.

    ****************

    http://www.pokersverige.se/IMAGE0004.php (Sdbot.acw malware)

    http://home.comcast.net/~soliveria/n3.exe (Kelvir.dt malware
    for IM)

    http://home.comcast.net/~ebaker1973/up.exe (Rbot.xm malware)

    irc://204.8.34.78:12000 (bot-control and data-theft)

    http://hec-ulg-entrepreneurs.com/3.exe
    (Adware.180solution.installer)

    http://hec-ulg-entrepreneurs.com/1.exe
    (Adware.Clicker.Elitebar.am) _______________________________________________________________________ [freemail] extra 1GB-os postafiókkal, Önnek már van? http://freemail.hu

    • Re: foolproof computer from malware?
      ... If I make his account a limited user account, would that stop all malware from entering his computer? ... A technically competent user who is aware of the risks and knows how to take proper precautions can usually safely operate with administrative privileges; ... reliable and up-to-date antivirus software, ...
    • Re: Calling on a Guru to explain if Im mistaken!
      ... installing SP2 off the disc is part of the ... However I have tried antivirus software in the past and it was ... malware would also be copied back resulting in net gain of zero. ... will increase the risks of infection. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Virus & re-format
      ... Antivirus software should run *before* exposure to malware. ... All file infecting viruses on the drive will be gone. ... Boot sector infectors and file system infectors would be ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Do I have a virus?
      ... But, as an old man learning about computer twenty five years ago when everything was free, I was reluctant to jump into my wallet and shuffle out buckets of money to any, for me, unknown anti malware producer on the net. ... Googling around surfaced a lot of suggestions to a solution, some involving dubious methods including shutting down firewalls and antivirus software. ... to your original post would have shown you the path - two days ago. ... Now - the posts of others in this, and similar, newsgroups will spell ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)