Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

From: Michael Holstein (michael.holstein_at_csuohio.edu)
Date: 08/02/05

    Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:39:01 -0400
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    > Kohl's owns the Internet?
    > Kohl's reserves the right to read my email I send my mom just because
    > it's on the Internet?

    You bet! .. as it pertains to anything past their demarc at their
    properties, they're entirely free to log and review every packet that
    comes/goes.

    That means they can legally review your IM chats, go back and read your
    email from a month ago, whatever ...

    The legal precedent for this is essentially "He who onws the network,
    owns the data" (with respect to an employee/employeer relationship).
    It's a bit different for commercial ISPs.

    If your mom works at Kohls, don't email her there unless you want it
    read (unless you PGP/gnuPG it). Then again, they could just have Spector
    installed on the PC to capture screenshots/keystrokes of her at her
    "company computer" (also completely legal).

    ~Mike.

    • Re: Retired
      ... Get lost you dumb jerks. ... internet. ... If you would track back to your OP on this thread you would see it was cross posted by your friend "MOM". ... BILL P. ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • Re: WTF????? AM I CRAZY?????
      ... That must be the only time Bob's been filmed with his mum (or mom) and ... although the whole thing's cheesy, ... Bruce ... Internet, I thoguht they changed it, because of him saying, "imitation ...
      (rec.music.dylan)
    • Re: WebDAV via VB
      ... While I appreciate your response, I think I need more information. ... Telling me to "search the internet" is something my mom might ask me ... I would appreciate any SPECIFIC web sites, product names, or book ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Psychics Scetch of JBR Perp
      ... Poe wrote: ... the internet and her mom had it in her book because it turned out ... It will be interesting to know if it's the same person and dig up her ...
      (alt.true-crime)