Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

Valdis.Kletnieks_at_vt.edu
Date: 07/29/05

    To: Randall Perry <lists@domain-logic.com>
    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:10:12 -0400

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:33:19 CDT, Randall Perry said:

    > Even for producing less than 500 units there are vendors ready to jump at the
    > chance to replace FPGA setups (because we are talking about complex 2k+ gate count).

    More like 2M+ gate count. Remember, you have to do BGP4 in silicon. ;)

    > Just give Oxford Semiconductor or AMI a call.

    I don't think Oxford Semiconductor would be able to deal - looks like they're
    mostly in the FireWire/USB arena. AMI has a 2M gate part, but it has a top
    clock speed of 100Mhz (http://www.amis.com/asics/structured_asics/XPressArray.html),
    which would be borderline in the high-end routers....