Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

From: Jason Coombs (jasonc_at_science.org)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:37:49 -1000
    To: "J.A. Terranson" <measl@mfn.org>

    J.A. Terranson wrote:

    > Do I hear a faint echo of.... Adobe???

    No, Lynn reportedly quit his job, so he is not going to have the "my
    company did it, so you can't prosecute me" defense...

    If we assume Lynn knew about this defense given that he is quoted as
    referencing the Adobe case in his statements to the press, then Lynn
    willfully gave up that protection prior to his disclosure.

    Now that is truly patriotic and brave, to sacrifice oneself in order to
    demonstrate that there are holes in the criminal justice system...

    Regards,

    Jason Coombs
    jasonc@science.org

    • Raytheon Executive Picked as Deputy Secretary of Defense
      ... Raytheon Executive Picked as Deputy Secretary of Defense ... Lynn is no stranger to the DoD, aside from his involvement with Raytheon. ... He served as under secretary of defense from 1997 to 2001 under President Clinton; the under secretary serves as the DoD's comptroller, acting as the chief financial officer and the principal advisor to the secretary of defense for all budgetary and fiscal matters. ...
      (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
    • Complacency allows naval capabilities to wither on the vine.
      ... maritime supremacy allows the Defense Department to ... slow production of sea-based defense systems, ... Lynn addressed the group days before the department is slated to ... It's the excess capability of the carriers over the combined naval ...
      (sci.military.naval)
    • > Buckwheat Caught Lying, Again - Waives lobbying rules for Lynn
      ... Obama waives lobbying rules for Lynn ... The Obama administration has waived its ethics rules to allow William ... Lynn to serve as the deputy secretary of Defense. ...
      (alt.politics)
    • Presnit Buckwheat Caught Lying, Again - Waives lobbying rules for Lynn