Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

From: Jason Coombs (jasonc_at_science.org)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:37:49 -1000
    To: "J.A. Terranson" <measl@mfn.org>

    J.A. Terranson wrote:

    > Do I hear a faint echo of.... Adobe???

    No, Lynn reportedly quit his job, so he is not going to have the "my
    company did it, so you can't prosecute me" defense...

    If we assume Lynn knew about this defense given that he is quoted as
    referencing the Adobe case in his statements to the press, then Lynn
    willfully gave up that protection prior to his disclosure.

    Now that is truly patriotic and brave, to sacrifice oneself in order to
    demonstrate that there are holes in the criminal justice system...

    Regards,

    Jason Coombs
    jasonc@science.org