[Full-disclosure] Advice RE Site Exploit

From: David Wilde (cdwilde_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/19/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:22:41 -0700
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    Hello All,

    Long time lurker. I have recently come across a rather significant
    (IMHO) exploit to gain access to a significant number of accounts held
    by one of the two satellite tv companies in the US. I of course want
    to do the right thing (TM), but I also would like a free lifetime
    subscription to all of the channels with hardware upgrades at my
    discression :) What is the best way of informing the company of my
    discovery and my wishes with the ultimate goal of 1) not going to jail
    being labeled a terrorist and threat to national security, and 2)
    getting what I want?

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html

    • Re: Can not get into server 2003
      ... Seems to be on all accounts, have now just locked the account instead of ... or member or workgroup server? ... Normally i can gain access daily, then about once a week all access ... Reboot and it all returns! ...
    • Re: New hard drive and Windows XP password
      ... After reinstalling you have all new accounts. ... To gain access to inaccessible areas, ... find in the Help system. ... Security) ...
    • restrict access
      ... I have 2 laptops that are used for equipment testing. ... set up 2 accounts, ... is the limited account can still gain access to the ... access the control panel settings? ...
    • Re: Help I.E 6
      ... internet when they log on their accounts. ... a sudden they can gain access without logging on in my name which is the ...