RE: [Full-disclosure] Great application for the Pinnacle ShowCenter 200

From: Sean Crawford (sean01_at_accnet.com.au)
Date: 07/08/05

    To: <full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk>
    Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:03:18 +1000

    Seriously Ed, is this a trolling attempt?..........

    Edward Geraldino wrote--->
    ---> Subject: [Full-disclosure] Great application for the Pinnacle
    ---> ShowCenter
    ---> 200
    --->
    --->
    ---> I just setup a Pluto Home system (smarthome + media server,
    ---> plutohome.com,
    ---> free open source). It’s really cool. It has a streaming movie
    ---> server, music
    ---> server, PVR. Plus it does home automation and controls a/v
    ---> equipment too.
    ---> There’s only 1 problem…
    --->
    ---> You designate 1 PC to be the server; they call it the core. It
    ---> exposes a
    ---> network boot image for any other PC in the house, so your PC
    ---> becomes dual
    ---> purpose—normal PC, or net boot and it’s a set top box. You
    ---> control it with
    ---> Bluetooth mobile phones or web pads. And all the set top boxes
    ---> in the house
    ---> work together. Your media even follows you as you move from
    ---> room to room if
    ---> you keep the phone on. The problem is I don’t have enough
    ---> media PCs for all
    ---> the rooms in my house, and buying a full PC for each room is
    ---> too expensive.
    ---> Plus there’s no video cards for the PC that have component video
    ---> output—which is the only way I can get HDTV into my TV.
    --->
    ---> The Pinnacle seems perfect as a media director. Right now, you
    ---> can’t do a
    ---> lot with it. But if it worked as a media director, it would be
    ---> part of a
    ---> whole house solution that did everything. I could even use the
    ---> Pinnacle’s
    ---> menu to turn on my sprinklers if I wanted. Plus, since Pluto
    ---> gives it a
    ---> network boot image, space is no longer an issue—all the
    ---> software could be
    ---> stored on the main server. And the ShowCenter 200 has
    ---> component video and
    ---> it’s silent.
    --->
    ---> Does anybody have an idea if it would be possible to use the
    ---> ShowCenter 200
    ---> as a media director like that, doing a network boot? Then I
    ---> could just buy a
    ---> few of the Pinnacles rather than having to buy regular PCs.
    --->
    --->

    • Re: Media services - cannot connect to media from internet
      ... Well the other thing will be the router on your network will need to ... server, and see where you get from there. ... >The page opens with the embedded media player and the status shows: ... for a short time and then changes to ?Locating media?? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
    • [Full-disclosure] Great application for the Pinnacle ShowCenter 200
      ... I just setup a Pluto Home system (smarthome + media server, plutohome.com, ... network boot image for any other PC in the house, ... And all the set top boxes in the house ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: Media Service & Firewall
      ... the ''Windows Media Services'' depends on some ... On the SBS 2003 server, ... Windows Media Services from the Internet. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Windows 2003 Serv locks up when performing UltraCopy to HP StorageWorks Ultrium 960 Tape drive.
      ... contains UltraBac backup files from a separate server on the network. ... for executing the UltraCopy utility are shown below. ... From the Storage Media menu, click on the Erase menu option. ...
    • Re: WMV files over 1 gig
      ... The same WMP 11 shows the video with 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 aspect ratio after the choping. ... Can I use the window media file editor to insert script commands? ... When delivering from a web server, ... If you elect to break up the file, the Windows Media File Editor ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)