Re: [Full-disclosure] Great application for the Pinnacle ShowCenter 200

From: Michael Holstein (
Date: 07/07/05

    Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:03:26 -0400

    > I just setup a Pluto Home system (smarthome + media server,
    >, free open source). It’s really cool. It has a streaming
    > movie server, music server, PVR. Plus it does home automation and
    > controls a/v equipment too. There’s only 1 problem…

    Umm ... so where's the disclosure here?

    Since you're a ub3rl33t hax0r, fire up your sniffer and figure out what
    filename the firmware fetches (and grab the image to disect). Then setup
    your own tftpd and try a minimal linux kernel compiled for the correct
    processor, video, and IO chipsets.

    You could also use this almost unheard of tool to find stuff :

    for which the top link is :

    Yep. Even Pinnacle's own read-only FAQ webboard has info on alternative
    UI's. Check article #6.

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Hosted and sponsored by Secunia -