Re: [Full-disclosure] Great application for the Pinnacle ShowCenter 200

From: Michael Holstein (michael.holstein_at_csuohio.edu)
Date: 07/07/05

    Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:03:26 -0400
    To: full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk

    > I just setup a Pluto Home system (smarthome + media server,
    > plutohome.com, free open source). It’s really cool. It has a streaming
    > movie server, music server, PVR. Plus it does home automation and
    > controls a/v equipment too. There’s only 1 problem…

    Umm ... so where's the disclosure here?

    Since you're a ub3rl33t hax0r, fire up your sniffer and figure out what
    filename the firmware fetches (and grab the image to disect). Then setup
    your own tftpd and try a minimal linux kernel compiled for the correct
    processor, video, and IO chipsets.

    You could also use this almost unheard of tool to find stuff :

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=showcenter+linux&btnG=Google+Search

    for which the top link is :

    http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_threads.asp?WebboardID=1&ForumID=1088&lng=1&SectionID=219

    Yep. Even Pinnacle's own read-only FAQ webboard has info on alternative
    UI's. Check article #6.

    http://openshowcenter.sourceforge.net
    http://www.oxyl.de

    ~Mike.